Thursday, December 08, 2005

Comfort Food

It's supposed to snow tomorrow. 4 -7 inches, if the weather channel is to be believed. I picked up C at pre-school tonight and we joined the craziness at the Stop n Shop. My boss has already told me not to kill myself to get in tomorrow, so I'm expecting a snow day. C and I decided we'd make cookies. If I were a Martha Stewart kind of mom, I'd be making sugar cookie dough right now. Since I'm not, we bought the pre-made kind.

I also bought what I will need to make kluski (I think it's the Polish version of matzoh soup). Chicken broth, celery, carrots, eggs and flour to make the dough....mmmm. My mom could make it from memory. I however, need the recipe from the family recipe book.

If D weren't going to be around, we'd make fried vealoaf and scrambled eggs for breakfast. (I can hear him gagging now). He doesn't understand. He never even had chinese food until he was in college! He's led a sheltered life, what can I say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home