Saturday, October 07, 2006

Nectar of the gods



I never used to drink coffee. All through college, I drank Coke. After college, I switched to Diet Coke. Coffee? Blech. Or so I thought.

Once C was born, and I had used up my maternity/family leave and then some, I went back to work. And she was such a good baby. She slept through the night the night before her Baptism (on Dec 30) so she was maybe about 7-8 weeks old when that started. Don't throw stones. I don't know what I did or didn't do to make that happen, other than that's the point she reached 10 pounds (she was born weighing 8 lb 10 ounces it's not like it was a huge jump!)....

But I still woke up in the middle of the night. Had to check to make sure she was breathing. And once I was up, might as well fold laundry, unload the dishwasher, get some things accomplished. Yeah, I know. Looking back I think that was crazy too.

End result was that I was tired during the day. Then once she started daycare, the ear infections started. She would no sooner get over one, then another would start. Some nights I spent sleeping in the chair in the living room holding her up so she would sleep (and I would get a little rest). So, no rest for the wicked.

We had a Columbian woman who had a coffee shop in the building I worked (still working in NYC at this point). I never used to join the throngs who stood in line for a coffee and pastry, but I had to do something. And thus began the addiction.

And now? Now I'm excited because Stop & Shop had the Peppermint Mocha Coffeemate in the refrig section when I went shopping last week. That is my favorite all time flavored creamer. I won't go into how it's only the beginning of October and shouldn't rush the holiday season, etc. Peppermint Mocha COffeemate is back!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

The only coffee I drink has either chocolate (I'll occasionally have an iced caffe mocha) or Irish whiskey (very, very rarely). I drank Tab throughout highschool and college, but I drink Diet Coke now. (Tab's still around, but it's hard to find at times.)

12 October, 2006 16:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home