Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Summer thoughts



I know, I know. It's only mid-December, I shouldn't be thinking about summer vacation yet. But the weather's been so mild (seriously, in the 50's? in mid-December? In New England? Unheard of! But awesome!)

Except I have been thinking about summer vacation. I am a slacker. I am all about vacation. And this year, with D not working, we could theoretically take two weeks off this summer...although I'm not sure we should. Maybe we should take one week at the beach and do some day trips. So I have been looking at various websites to see how much a small cottage would cost to rent for next summer.

We've usually vacationed with my brothers and their families, except we've already decided that won't happen this coming summer (for various reasons). Now I've gone through this process before, for a five bedroom "cottage". Somehow, it's actually more expensive to rent a smaller house (2 bedroom) than a larger house (5 bedroom). It's amazing. I think I'm in sticker shock.

But it's fun to plan!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Big Dubya said...

I love vacations.....

Try renting a time-share condo -- sometimes it works out cheaper than a house or a hotel. You get all the benefits of a house (full kitchen, etc) for shorter money.

Good Luck!

13 December, 2006 14:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll probably take our big vacation in February. The kids have a week off of school for Mardi Gras.

(still won't let me comment w/o signing up for a google acct. I'm going to try to post as "other")

13 December, 2006 17:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home