Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Spring Break Day 4 - April 18

Since we didn’t have the greatest time at Typhoon Lagoon the previous day, we decide to try again. The water park has extra magic hours in the morning, so we make sure we arrive there shortly after it opens to the resort guests.

We had a short wait for a raft on the family raft ride, and even got to ride it again since there was no one in line when we got to the bottom. From there we went to the tube rides, then over to the slides. C is having a blast, even on the slide (I would go down first and wait for her at the bottom, and D would follow.).

Then we went into the wave pool for awhile – C had a blast bodysurfing on the big waves…after a quick trip in the lazy river, it was already time for lunch. As we were walking to Typhoon Tilly’s (where we had lunch) C spied the tattoo person. Yes, my daughter loves tattoos. Not the permanent kind, but give her any kind of temporary tattoo and she is happy. After lunch we had to get her a tattoo. She chose Minnie Mouse. D chose Goofy on a surf board. I didn’t get one. Maybe next year.


After the lunch and tattoo’ing we caught the bus back to the resort to relax awhile before heading to Animal Kingdom. We had reservations for dinner at Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, and we got to Animal Kingdom with enough time to watch Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle parade before catching the bus to the Lodge for dinner.


Dinner was interesting – I had steak with macaroni and cheese, C had macaroni and cheese and D had the pork tenderloin. While it was a very good dinner, I don’t think it’s a place we’d say we had to go back to. C had fun making s’mores for dessert, then we wandered around the Animal Kingdom Lodge before catching the bus back to Animal Kingdom for extra magic hours there.


We probably should have planned things a little better since C could only go on certain rides due to her height/interest, as only some of the rides were operating during extra magic hours. Obviously, even though she said she wanted to ride Expedition Everest, the height requirement was an obstacle she couldn’t get around. That, and the fact that she’d have been riding it by herself, since D doesn’t like roller coasters and I’m not too sure I’m ok with them anymore either.

But, we were able to ride our favorite ride – Kali River Rapids. We rode this twice in a row and got completely soaked. We had to buy a new shirt for C so she wouldn’t shiver to death. D and I thought about buying ourselves new shirts but when we realized we wouldn’t be there much longer decided against it. She and D rode the Triceratops Spin, and then we called it a night.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

Sounds like fun! Son #1 and Dear Hubby rode Expedition Everest and love it. I'm not a rollercoaster person so Sons #2&3 and I walked around the maharajeh trek.

02 May, 2007 23:26  
Blogger Sue said...

Elle, I used to be a rollercoaster person - I don't know what happened. Maybe it's getting older or working in insurance but either way I'm not as daring as I used to be!

03 May, 2007 08:44  
Blogger Elle*Bee said...

I was never a rollercoaster person. I've always preferred the spinning (but close to the ground) rides. Son #3 and I had a blast on the tea cups at Magic Kingdom.

03 May, 2007 13:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home