Friday, July 13, 2007

Hollywood East?




I had seen the electronic signs earlier in the week - "Route 8 closed between exits 23 & 24 July 12 & 13 between 7 PM /5 AM"...I thought nothing of it - after all, I live in Connecticut, the construction state. I figured the state Dept of Transportation was doing some major construction between those hours and it was easiest to just shut the highway.

I knew Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg had been in New Haven filming the new Indiana Jones movie.

What I didn't realize was that this summer, Connecticut appears to be the setting for a few films! Besides Indiana Jones, apparently Martin Lawrence has been filming a movie in the Bridgeport area, and, I have been commuting through the set of yet another film - Revolutionary Road starring Kate Winslet and another little known actor - Leonardo DiCaprio....

I had wondered why a farm stand had appeared on the shoulder of the highway earlier this week too...it's actually part of the set. And that part of the highway is picturesque too...I think we might actually have to go see this movie when it comes out!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

I live in Louisiana and we've been courting the movie industry long before Hurricane Katrina (tax incentives, etc.). We're known as Hollywood South. The inconveniences plus the increased revenue makes it a mixed bag.

15 July, 2007 23:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home