Friday, June 08, 2007

Book meme

Elle tagged me for a meme about books:

Next 5 books to be read:

1. Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill….Stephen King’s son – enough said.

2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling – the last Harry Potter! I can’t wait…this has been on order from Amazon since the release date was announced.

3. All the Kings Men by Robert Penn Warren - I had to read this for one of my high school English classes and want to go back and see if it “reads” differently now that it’s been twenty years. Plus I’m a sucker for any literature set in the South. Pat Conroy is another favorite author – he just hasn’t written anything new in too long!

4. Baby Proof by Emily Giffin

Typical fluffy fare for the train ride….

5. Whitney My Love by Judith McNaught

I believe the proper term for this book would be “bodice ripper”….bought on a recommendation from the nice clerk in the Barnes & Noble – I’ve read a couple other books by the same author (except those were set in the present day).

Last 4 books I’ve read:

1. Someone to Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught

The same nice Barnes & Noble clerk recommended this one and it was pretty good – perfect for the train and an interesting story.

2. Full of Grace by Dorthea Benton Frank

A Jersey girl goes to live in South Carolina, near where her parents retired. Funny and light fluffy reading.

3. The Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King

Southern chick lit again….I told you I had something for the South!

4. Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen

He writes funny crime stories, usually set in FL….they’re so improbable but funny.

Last 3 books borrowed:

I must confess, I’m not in the habit of borrowing books. I don’t like our library in town and one of my favorite things is to spend an hour or two wandering the aisles of a bookstore, looking for old favorites and trying to find some new friends. Gift cards to a bookstore are my favorite presents.

Last 2 non-fiction books read:

1. Babyproofing Your Marriage…. By Stacie Cockrell, Cathy O’Neill and Julia Stone. D received this as part of some “book tour” and I skimmed through it quickly. It was ok, but not helpful because D is way more hands on than some of the dads that were described in the book.

2. ?? I’m not big into non-fiction – that’s more D’s thing, although his summer reading list has been the same for the last two/three years. Oh wait! I just caught sight of my bookcase in my office – that would be the 2007 Cancellation and Non-renewal Handbook for the 50 states and District of Columbia, as published by the fine folks at National Underwriter. Exciting, I know.

1 book everyone should read:

I don’t think it should be limited – I think everyone should read whatever interests them, as long as they read!

Consider yourself tagged if you haven't done this meme before!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Darren said...

Are you outing me as taking 2 or 3 years to finish a book? I have read some others since I started those.

08 June, 2007 17:18  
Blogger Elle*Bee said...

Thanks for playing along. I really need to get back into reading just for the joy of it. It seems like everything I pick up these days is either kid-related, or for researching some topic (yawn).

I got a chuckle about your library comment. I'm the opposite. Apparently I have "committment issues" since I'd rather check out the book at the library before deciding whether or not to spend the money on it. :-)

09 June, 2007 14:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home