Friday, August 10, 2007

PUI

I've been a neglectful blogger lately....something about the summer, and how warm and humid it's been, and really, no one wants to hear about the weather (again! Although I do like how the Weather Channel hypes "it could happen tomorrow" - of course it could. Anything could happen tomorrow. Doesn't mean it will!)

And I've have thoughts floating lazily around in my head (because August? In the insurance biz? S.L.O.W.) yet don't think to write them down and post a coherent post. In fact, you're getting this post courtesy of the 2006 Garnacha de Fuego (an "old vine" Spanish red). So I apologize in advance for any typos, etc.

The Godfather is on Bravo (again). I somehow always manage to only see the same parts over and over - it's either the wedding scene in Godfather 1 or the First Communion party in II. D gets mad at me because I can't get the quote right - supposedly it's "Leave the gun, take the cannoli"...but that makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would you leave the gun? It would have your fingerprints on it! Take the gun, leave the cannoli. Or, better yet, take the gun, eat the cannoli! Maybe because I'm not Italian, I can't understand that logic.

School starts in a few weeks, and somehow I'm now living with a first grader! How is that possible? I remember first grade - Sister Francine - a real live NICE nun. The first and only one of two nice nuns that taught (way back in the late 70's)...now there's only one nun at C's school and she's in the administration - doesn't even teach.

We have a few fun things left to do this summer - need to go to the beach at least once more, some more mini golf, definitely more time to be spent in granpa's pool... why does summer seem so much shorter than winter?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

My older two boys started back at school on Fri. the 10th. It's been good, but I'm tired of filling out the reams of paperwork (times 3). The Baby starts kindergarten next Monday. I will not handle it well. LOL. I'll be able to keep my "game face" on until he gets on the bus with his cousin, but after that, forget it!

14 August, 2007 19:23  
Blogger Sue said...

Elle - wow - that seems early to start school, but I guess you all don't have to worry about snow days (and therefore will get out of school earlier in the spring too).

I'll be thinking of you next Monday!

15 August, 2007 09:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home