Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow day

We got about a foot of snow today here in the big city in the northwest corner. At least that's what it appears to be - now the wind is blowing it all around so who knows for sure? That's my guesstimate and I'm sticking to it. We stayed home in our jammies all morning - drinking coffee (hot chocolate for C) and making corn bread and cleaning....then after lunch (I made the kluski - it nevers comes out as good as when my mom would make it, but close enough) the skies cleared and we ventured outside to clean the driveway.

We had bought a snow blower a couple weekends ago, so D and I had to figure out how to start it. He likes to read instructions. I like to jump right in and only use the instructions if I get stuck. So, we manage to start the snow blower and I take the first shift. I couldn't do that much - my wrists hurt from the vibrations!! I'll be consulting Dr. Google later to determine if that is tendonitis or arthritis, or some other -itis.....It sucks to get old.

C only lasted a little bit - she doesn't like loud noises (lawnmower, snowblower, etc), plus the snow was up over her boots, so she ended up soaking wet. D finished the driveway and then after a shower, left to go to work. I do not understand that dedication. He promised to be back before 5 so we could go out to dinner. It's now 4:45...think he'll make it? I don't.

I checked my emails a couple times, but there was little in the way of work email - I managed to put off something until Monday, and the rest were all personal emails. I ordered some more Christmas presents from Amazon, and played a few games. All in all, a pretty good day. Now hopefully D will get home soon so we can go out for dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home