Thursday, October 11, 2007

Live from Central NY

I've been a neglectful blogger lately. Life has been moving along, and there's not really been any one topic that's made me say "I've got to blog that!"...It's kind of a treadmill - wake up, get ready, get C ready, drive to work, work, drive home...lather rinse repeat.

Sure, we've planned C's birthday party for her friends, ordering way too much stuff from Oriental Traders, sending invitations, stressing that no one's been responding (at last count we have 7 kids, not counting C, and including one sibling of an invitee. Out of a class of 28!!)

C's been very cute lately. 5 has been the best year yet. I'm afraid of 6, which is less than a month away now. Not sure why....Maybe because it puts her one year closer to those dreaded 'tween and teen years. There's a new girl who will be joining her class towards the end of next month (the family is moving from WI). C mentioned that she saw the new girl's parents, and they sound just like us! (I'm not sure what language she thought was spoken in WI - or if she even knows where WI is! Ok, yes, a teaching moment, but it was cute!).

She made me a card and snuck it into my suitcase for this trip. I didn't find it until I was unpacking at the hotel. Yes it made me cry. I can't wait to get home to see her and D. And get a real meal....sigh...one more night!!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger david mcmahon said...

I read that with interest. I'm a father of three - and every year is a kid's best year.

I've been blessed - I'm very close to my kids. Life does not get better than that ....

16 October, 2007 18:00  
Blogger Elle*Bee said...

I hope you're having a good trip. That was very sweet about the card. My three range from 5 to 12 and so far, every year has been my favorite, from infancy on up. I'm told that will change very soon....(sigh)

16 October, 2007 22:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home