Thursday, January 24, 2008

ARGH!!



I know, I KNOW. I wasn’t going to look at my 401k balance. I wasn’t going to check what the recent stock market events were doing to my portfolio. Even though I just celebrated a milestone birthday, I still realize that I have a good 25 – 30 years left to work (which is depressing in and of itself)….I’m in this for the long haul. This is a buying opportunity…You’re not supposed to try to catch a falling knife.

But curiosity got the best of me. Today, I pulled up the information online. Today, the numbers were green. But the year to date was red. And the total number was 10% less than it was when I last looked.

(As an aside, I used to walk past that bull on my way to work in the morning….it was fun when a new stock was getting listed on the stock exchange, sometimes there would be free stuff handed out.)

Sorry for the disjointed post. Work has been crazy when there’s no need for it to be like that. Couple that with the fact that all the cold weather has me contemplating hibernation…I need a palm tree and umbrella drink!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

I try not to pay much mind to mine. I'd be too depressed if I did.

30 January, 2008 16:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home