Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's that time of year

Time for the annual Christmas freak out...

Elle asked how I was doing, in light of the recent weather events (as an aside, Good Lord am I boring, posting about weather?!)…I thought I was doing ok, until I looked at the calendar and realized that Christmas is in less than a week!

Presents bought? Mostly, still have some left to buy.

Presents wrapped? Nope.

Menu planned? (We host Christmas dinner for my family). Not really.

Tree up? Check.

Christmas pedicure? You bet! (it might just be my newest holiday tradition. Never mind that I smudged the polish putting my socks/shoes back on. I couldn’t exactly traipse over the snowbanks back to the car in those flip flops the salon provides).

And somehow, what should be a slow time for work is busy (I know, traditionally insurance is busy right before year end but what I do isn’t. Usually). I’ve been fielding more emails the last couple days than I have in a long time. I’ve even checked email from home and responded. Next week had better be quieter. I’m planning on organizing my office.

Luckily, the forecast for this weekend for once does not have snow/sleet/freezing rain/any sort of wintry mix in it (of course, now I’ve jinxed it!) so we should be able to accomplish any items left to finish and spend Monday morning relaxing before the Christmas Eve festivities with my in-laws.

And, just because C isn’t beside herself enough with the whole Christmas is in however many days, there’s a full moon on Christmas Eve. Fun times!

Am I the only slacker?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Big Dubya said...

no, me too....

I'm way ahead in some areas.... way behind in others --

I'll be glad when it's done :)

19 December, 2007 15:01  
Blogger Elle*Bee said...

I love the Christmas pedi tradition! I might have to consider that one, although I usually use winter as a time to let my toenails "breathe" since I pretty much destroy then by wearing polish and open toe shoes in the warm weather (which for us is March through November).

24 December, 2007 14:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home