Saturday, May 06, 2006

Reincarnation

I swear, in my next life I want to come back as a man. Seriously, I don't know why it's taken me so long to realize this.

Men seem to only be able to concentrate on one thing at a time. Maybe it goes back to the days when Og just had to worry about killing the woolly mammouth and staying alive. That's it. The women had to worry about taking care of the kids, cooking the meat, keeping the cave clean, and making sure everyone was dressed appropriately for the weather.

Today, Og thinks, gee, I need to bring this (whatever "this" happens to be) upstairs. So he brings "this" upstairs, and gives no thought to the six other things that need to be brought upstairs too. Mrs Og, on the other hand, when she brings something upstairs, also brings the six other things that also need to be upstairs, and remembers to bring things downstairs from upstairs.

And nothing seems to drive that home more than working with men of a certain age. Their wives stayed home (not that there's anything wrong with that), took care of the kids, grocery shopped, picked up the drycleaning, cleaned the house, bought the various gifts and cards and had dinner ready when Mr Old Timer got home. Well, now Mr Old Timer is in charge, and thinks everyone has the same situation (someone at home to handle all the details, leaving employee free to work, work work). I need a wife! Seriously, someone should start a business to handle all those details for a dual career household. I bet they'd make a fortune. (Or maybe someone has, and I'm out of the loop. Again.)

(My current bosses aren't like that, even though that was their situation as well.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home