Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ahoy!



Which Pirates of the Caribbean character are you?


I love love love Johnny Depp. I don't know why - he never made an impression on me when he was on tv (yes, way back when I was in high school he was on a tv show...yes, I'm old). But the Pirates of the Caribbean movie? Rawr. And we didn't see it at the movie theatre - we bought it (after someone I worked with mentioned how good it was). So yes, I can't wait until the sequel, in July.

Does everyone do that? Have a list of people that you could have an affair with, no strings attached, no marital repurcussions? Or are we just weird like that?

D and I had a talk last night, and it was ok. Not that anything got resolved, but at least we're talking. We both have a tendency to retreat into ourselves and not talk to each other, which is probably not a good thing. I know I do stuff he doesn't like, he does stuff I don't like, and somehow we've got to take some time from our crazy busy lives for each other and ourselves. I can do the time for each other, that's easy. The hardest part for me? Time for myself. And it all ties into the working mom guilt, which I suffer from enormously. It all spirals together too - I'm away from C while I work and commute, so I shouldn't take any time for me when we could be together. But that's not good either. And I shouldn't spend the time I am with C worrying about what's not getting done around the house. See? Spirals.

Anyway. How did I get from Pirates to this navel-gazing? Sheesh. Back to work. Now with chocolate!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home