Monday, May 01, 2006

Beach Season '06

We actually had a rare weekend where D didn't have to work Sat or Sun. We got to spend the whole weekend together! Sat we did chores, but Sun was for fun. And we decided to spend it at the beach. Yes, we're probably crazy.

It was so much fun. We loaded up the car and hit the road around 9. As there's no direct way to go, we took our time, stopping at Dunkin Donuts for coffees and chocolate milk and a box of munchkins. We played I-Spy in the car, told silly jokes, and C started some deep conversation ("Mama, are we in a storybook?" She couldn't ask where babies come from? At least I know that answer!)

We had to stop for a potty break when we were almost at the beach ("I really really have to go". Then when she hops out of the car, she's ready to shop (we stopped at the outlets in Clinton)). After a bathroom break and some shopping, we're back on our way and at the beach in 5 minutes. Unbeknownst to me, C had packed her bathing suit, because beach = swimming. She was upset when I told her she could only put her feet in the water.

Well, that didn't last long. She waded right in and started playing her game ("in and out") with the waves. Of course she ended up wet, and wanted her suit. I let her change her top, and we told her we weren't staying too much longer.

I took pictures, to horrify MIL (because you don't get wet in April! That leads to pneumonia, and death!) She actually asked D if C was wearing a hat on Saturday because it was cold and breezy. How she would know that, not having been outside, is anyone's guess.

We wanted to play miniature golf, but the place we went to wasn't yet open for the season. So we went to the outlets in Westbrook (I need a new casual china set - mine is pretty beat and when everyone comes over, there's not enough). C and I were walking past the baby store (Carter's) when she saw something in the window she absolutely fell in love with, and had to go see. So she runs inside and starts trying to tell me something. Of course I can't hear her, so I go inside too.

She was in love with the pink strollers in the window. I told her she was too big for that stroller, and she told me she wanted it for when she had a baby. I informed her when she was going to have a baby, I would buy her whatever stroller she wanted. Then she said she wanted to have a girl baby. Not wanting to go into the whole "how the sex of a baby is determined" talk, I just said ok. I thought that was so cute - she was so serious about wanting a girl baby.

She fell asleep on the way home and last year, that would have meant she was out for the night. I guess those days are over now. She woke up about 10 minutes before we got home and was ready to go again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home