Saturday, October 28, 2006

Fictional Creatures for $200 please, Alex



I had yesterday off from work, since C and I both had a dentist appointment. Having suffered through several years of orthodontics lo these many years ago, let's just say I don't find anything enjoyable about going to the dentist. But I stuff those feelings way deep inside and suck it up so C thinks going to the dentist is great fun.

Now, we try to have C brush her teeth every morning and before bed. Most of the time we're successful - although lately we've been thinking she should be more responsible for the actual brushing bit, and that's not working out so well (she doesn't even bother to wet the toothbrush!). So I fully expected to hear that she had a cavity (or two). Nope, she wasn't the one with the cavities. I was. Two little cavities on my wisdom teeth (I am that fictional creature who managed to get 3 of 4 wisdom teeth to actually a) fit in my mouth, and b)come up straight, so no painful wisdom teeth extractions).

No, C got a great report from the dentist, and to her delight, her two bottom teeth are "wiggly"....meaning the tooth fairy should be making an appearance within a few months. I'm trying to convince her that the tooth fairy leaves nickels. C's counter- offer was a quarter. As long as she doesn't expect paper money we should be ok.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

I so agree about the dentist! I went yesterday for a cleaning and they had to practically peel me off the ceiling. I have so many old fillings (some 30 years old), that I'm probably radioactive by now. Sorry about your two cavities. Glad C's checkup went well, though.

31 October, 2006 16:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home