Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I think I'm in love



As you know, my car went to the great junkyard in the sky recently. Since we really only need one car right now, there's no great pressure to replace it immediately (although I really do hate having to stop at the gas station every other day, it is cheaper than another car payment!). I've been putting off doing research on new cars, because the one pictured up there is one I really really want.

Even though VW quality may have gone downhill in recent years.

Even though it's completely impractical. (Both D and C said "get a convertible!")

And so I went to the VW website and "built" one. Sigh. Sure, it starts out at a semi-reasonable price (ok, the most I would have ever paid for a car, to date) but then when you add all the options in - because really, I'm liking the satellite radio. Then you can add a DVD player for the backseat. And, the sport package. And so on and so on until you get to your summary page and you're looking at almost a year's tuition at a private college.

Sigh. It's nice to dream though.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Big Dubya said...

Okay, I know it's impractical -- but.....

It sounds like you have a long commute and spend a lot of time in your car.....

You only live once and if you compare the payment difference, it's probably a small price to pay for happiness.

It's okay to be impractical once in a while -- you work hard, you've earned it -- besides, you'll have this car for many, many years -- you should love it

29 March, 2007 07:51  
Blogger Sue said...

Thanks Mrs Big Dubya! You are so right about spending time in the car. I'm just at the beginning of the process too, so who knows? Maybe this does end up being the best deal.

29 March, 2007 09:09  
Blogger Darren said...

Recheck the prices for a year's tuition. Clare's probably not going to go that cheaply.

29 March, 2007 13:57  
Blogger Elle*Bee said...

Cool car. My husband has a fondness for VW's. His second car (which he was driving when I met him) was a white VW Rabbit diesel. Good times. (His first car was a used Honda that was stolen from his driveway.)

29 March, 2007 23:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home