Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tomorrow



Tomorrow at 11:30 am I get to see this movie...C has school all day (field day, and it's supposed to be 90. I won't be surprised if there's a note home today that field day is postponed until sometime next week. It's not usually 90 in CT this early!)

I read one review (the NY Times review), full of large SAT vocabulary words, and the reviewer just didn't "get" that this is not SUPPOSED to be a serious movie. It's just a fun movie. There's nothing wrong with that.

[edited to add - the Washington Post review was good]

It's kind of the way the English majors had to interpret literature. I never understood that. Let me get this straight - you think you KNOW what the author was trying to say? What if the author was saying exactly what was written? Ever think of that?

But anyway, tomorrow is Pirates, and this weekend is the unoffical kick off to summer, and I hope everyone has FUN!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

My newspaper gave it mixed reviews too, but like yours, I just don't think they "get" it. Let me know what you think of it.

26 May, 2007 23:37  
Blogger Sue said...

Elle, I loved it. It was almost 3 hours long, but it wasn't draggy (like Shrek, which was half the length but had me checking my watch). It wrapped up a lot of the story lines, and left the option for a Pirates 4. I'm hoping I'll get to see it again in the theatre.

27 May, 2007 21:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home