Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Randomness

D has discovered and read some of my blog. My fault really, for commenting on his post. Not that there's anything I've written that I didn't want him to see. I guess I'm going to have to stop writing about other boys now, though.

********************************************

Came home yesterday to a message on our answering machine from Eileen, asking Ruth to call her. Our message says "You have reached D, Sue and C. We're not home right now....." No Ruth in that list. Don't people listen?

********************************************

Why do they do traffic reports in Litchfield County? It's ridiculous. Well, the whole local radio station is too, to be honest. But traffic? On Route 8? Highly doubtful, unless you consider 5 whole cars to be traffic. An hour to get from Stamford to Bridgeport is traffic. And compared to an hour's wait at the George Washington bridge or Lincoln tunnel? Maybe it's all relative.
EDITED TO ADD: I spoke too soon. Apparently, there was a.....HORSE on Route 8 yesterday that caused all kinds of traffic. Police were glad that motorists were patient and didn't HONK their horns and spook the horse.That also warranted being front page news in the newspaper.

*********************************************

It's very hard to be a parent when you want to laugh with your kid. Case in point: we bought a little coat rack to hang lower than our current one, so C could hang up her coat herself. So D gets a pencil and his level to make sure he marks the correct spot, and then goes to get his drill. I was downstairs putting something away, and when I came back, C is drawing on the wall. In pen. Her reason? Because daddy was writing on the wall too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home