Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Happy Birthday



Happy Birthday D!!

I'm usually venting about him in this space, so today I will accentuate the postive. D is the one who keeps me grounded, who makes me laugh, who is always there for me. He puts up with my moodiness and grumpiness, and he understands what I'm trying to say without words.

D loves being a dad - he spends time with C, he takes her to his meetings and will even be taking her to rehearsals this summer because she will be in one of the shows. He loves to play games with her. C loves the view from his shoulders, and he volunteers to carry her that way more often than not.

D and I like to joke if there's a long way to get somewhere, we'll end up taking that route. When we were in Oahu on our honeymoon, we decided to hike up Diamond Head. There's a short route, and a longer route. We ended up taking the longer route, and that's been the pattern in our lives ever since.

We may always take the longer route, but we get to see more along the way. And there's no one else I'd want with me on that journey.

Happy birthday D!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home