Friday, August 18, 2006

Tanned, Rested (?) and Ready



We're back!! Had an excellent time, wish we had another day to spend at Disney. C was so tired she fell asleep on the plane home, now she's all cranky and out of sorts. Early to bed tonight for sure.

We spent yesterday in the Magic Kingdom. The day started early with breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary Resort. Then we walked over to the Magic Kingdom and took advantage of the early opening for resort guests. We walked right in to Mickey's Philharmagic.....CHML was correct - it was AWESOME! From there we did Small World, Cinderella's Carousel, Peter Pan's Flight and decided to walk to Adventure Land.

There was a 30 minute wait for Splash Mountain at that point, so we got FastPasses and went on Pirates. Should say, we tried to go on Pirates. All I wanted out of the whole trip was to fantasize about Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow....and just as we got in sight of the boats for the ride, it broke down. They herded us out, so D went to the Hall of Presidents while C and I rode Aladdin's Magic Carpets and met the Genie and Jasmine.

Splash Mountain - yes, C was tall enough. And, as luck would have it, skipping though the line due to our fast passes (70 minute wait at that point for stand by), she and I got in the first row of the ride!! She loved it. I couldn't believe it - I thought that final drop looked straight down and she laughed the whole time!

We had an excellent time, but we're glad to be home. The last few weeks of summer will be savored, and hopefully enjoyed to the fullest. I think D and I both realize that while money will be tighter than usual, the best option will be for him to stay home for the next year. C won't be in after school care or any type of care during school vacations, so that will save us some money there. And it might be good for all of us to spend more time together. Although, check with me in a month or so, after he's gone through every room and cleaned out all the clutter.

1 Comments:

Blogger cmhl said...

wasn't that mickey's thing amazing?? I seriously was kind of not all that excited, but it was my favorite..

my youngest LOVED the dumbo ride. I felt like an idiot flying around in the little dumbo. hahah.

my oldest LOVED the buzz lightyear thing. wasn't my fave.

we ate at this one restaurant in the polynesian that was reallllllllly good. and I loved the pool @ wilderness lodge, I think we'll stay there next time..

soooo, what's up w/ DH?

19 August, 2006 20:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home