Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Horror



I just realized something. With D home ALL THE TIME NOW, I'm not going to get to watch my cheesy 80's movies when I come across them Friday and Saturday nights flipping through the channels!!

No more stopping and watching Dirty Dancing (poor Jerry Orbach, known only to a generation as the person who put Baby in the corner), no more tearing up at the last scene in Sixteen Candles (where they're sitting on the table sharing the birthday cake), no more marveling at the Brat Pack in St. Elmo's Fire, thinking "wow,they're young!", no more watching Molly Ringwald in The Breakfast Club or Pretty in Pink, remembering how I ached to have her self confidence....

I need my 80's fix!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

I love 'Dirty Dancing' - I could never watch Law & Order without thinking of Lenny Briscoe as Baby's dad! LOL! Time for you to stock up on DVDs (they're dirt cheap these days - I guess the younger folks don't revere 80's pop culture) and watch them even later at night.

02 September, 2006 23:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home