Friday, December 29, 2006

Darn Kids!!



I know I've gone off on how Hilary Duff remade Madonna's Material Girl (a month or so ago) but now these durn tweeners have gone too far!! Too far I tell you!

Driving to get our Chinese food tonight I was listening to Disney Radio (what can I say? I like some of the music), when a new (to me anyway) song from Bowling for Soup comes on. Now, Bowling for Soup has a few excellent songs (including the very true "High School Never Ends") so I thought that this would be the same.

THEY REMADE MODERN ENGLISH'S "MELT WITH YOU"!!!!

And, and, it was......bouncy. A bouncy beat. This will not do at all. Not for a song that when Jeff (on whom I had a HUGE crush in high school) suggested it for a prom theme I gave him a look only someone who had endured Catholic school for her entire life could give (Shocking! A shocking song! Did he have no idea the innuendo that song contained when he suggested it?)...and now it's remade into a bouncy, tweeny bopper song....

Sigh. I realize I am fast approaching the 14th anniversary of my 25th birthday, but it somehow offends my sensibilities to have songs I can relate to specific events in my life re-made by kids who were in diapers (if even born yet!) when they were first on the radio.

Do I need a new life or what?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Big Dubya said...

I haven't heard it yet, but..... I'm sure I'll be equally disgusted!

30 December, 2006 09:01  
Blogger Elle*Bee said...

What will they desecrate next? "Hey Jude"? "Teenage Wasteland"? Anything by Queen? Stop the insanity! ;-)

02 January, 2007 14:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home