Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!!



This picture was taken on New Year's Eve (during the day. Pay no attention to the compromising position of Hello Kitty and White Bear on the other swing.They started celebrating a bit early.). It was in the 40's - in Connecticut - on New Year's Eve. It rained all New Year's Day, and was in the 40's again today. There is no snow forecast for the next eight days. In fact, it could reach almost 60 on Saturday.

I suppose an alternate title for this post could be "I love global warming" but I'm not sure how that would be recieved. I realize that there are very real dangers to global warming, but man, I am loving this no snow, warm (for Connecticut anyway) winter. Some people believe that we will have to make up for this lack of snow at some point, probably with a huge snowstorm/blizzard that will trap us indoors for a couple days. I say, if that happens, I will just call in to my boss and tell him I'll see him in the spring.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

We used to live in Northern Virginia where we'd have just enough snow - 2 or 3 nice snowfalls per year and that's it. I'm in southeast Louisiana now and I really miss the snow (altho' we had a white Christmas - barely - in 2004. We built an 18" snowman and had a snowball fight with the snow we collected off the cars.) We're overcast and in the 50's now, expecting thunderstorms tonight. 'Tis the season.

03 January, 2007 13:24  
Blogger Sue said...

It would be nice if it could just snow on Christmas Eve/Christmas.

Our temps are in the 50's today too (but no thunderstorms).

03 January, 2007 13:30  
Blogger Elle*Bee said...

My mom still lives in the DC area and accumulates her sick leave (since she's really never sick) and uses them for "snow days". If there's even a single flake, she takes the day off. She's of an age where she's afraid she'll slip on the ice and break a hip.

03 January, 2007 18:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home