Monday, February 12, 2007

Reunited

How big a geek am I that I am excited that two bands I loved during high school/college are getting back together and touring this summer? (even though the cynical me thinks it's all about the money?)


I saw Genesis when I was in college when they played the Centrum in Wistah, MA. We roadtripped down from VT, went to the concert and then to Cape Cod. In February. Ok, the guy who drove was from the Cape. I was so tired on the way back I started to see things (because back then I wouldn't sleep during any sort of travel. It was a thing, what can I say?)

I saw Sting (not The Police - I almost typed policy, what an insurance geek!) during the summer of '89 - the local amusement park (actually the one where it was discovered that Milli Vanilli were lip synching!) was a venue back then - all general admission, so I was able to get very close. He was very nice to look at.

So while I would love to go to either of these shows, the odds don't look that great. Oh well, I'll just have to live vicariously through someone else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Big Dubya said...

My sister is madly in love with Phil Collins -- when we were in high school they played in Boston on her birthday. I hated her boyfriend so much that I told her he had gotten her tickets and was going to surprise her... he hadn't. She was so mad at him (well, me too but...)

I ended up going to see him with her when he came back to Boston on his own -- it was the least I could do. He does put on a good show

12 February, 2007 16:34  
Blogger Elle*Bee said...

Wow! You've been to cool concerts. Not me. I've seen The Monkees/Gary Puckett & The Union Gap/Herman's Hermits at the same venue (free tickets from a radio dj buddy). I saw Vince Gill at a small open air amphitheatre in Virginia - that was cool if you like country music. I took Dear Hubby to see Billy Joel - right before he split with Christie Brinkley (she was there). I also saw Adam Ant - 3rd row seats for that one. He actually put on a very good show.

12 February, 2007 20:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home