Sunday, February 25, 2007

Weekend Miscellaneous



Why do the two weekend days go by so much faster than say, Monday and Tuesday? It's not right. Saturday we ran around doing errands, but C and I got to go to breakfast while D was at the Y. We "have" a restuarant that we go to for breakfast on Saturdays - conveniently owned and operated by the parents of one of C's bestest friends too.

So we drop D off at the Y and head to the restuarant for breakfast. C's bestest friend is already there, sitting at the counter with her step-sister and another little girl who had been in the same daycare as both C and L. So C joins them at the counter and I end up with the mom of the other little girl. I'm not that great at small talk, but manage ok. Except when I mentally review the conversation later, I think I've talked too much about me and not reciprocated. I really wish I could make that critical voice in my head shut up.

Saturday afternoon D and C go swimming. The Y was supposed to have "Flick and Float" which is the best thing ever - they show a movie on the wall of the pool and the familes can just float around - except it was cancelled when no one signed up. I work out while they're swimming (and manage to not embarrass myself too much - it's been 6 years since I worked out with any regularity, and I'm going to try to get back into a routine).

Today is already almost over, and there's really nothing to show for it except a Wal Mart run and shopping at the fabric store. I know, I'm not a crafty person, but the fabric store is going out of business (at least the one in the strip mall by us, which is more a function of the fact that it's going to be wrecked down and a new Lowe's put up)and we're planning on doing some Easter projects. I'll let you know if and how they turn out.

Please please let someone else have had a more exciting weekend, and tell me the details?!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 22 month old daughter ate nothing but peas Friday. (Fun diaper duty on Sat.) And my son threw up all day Saturday. (Did he have peas, too?).

I catch your blog now & then, good read.

26 February, 2007 12:39  
Blogger Sue said...

Thanks! Sounds like your weekend was 'exciting' too...LOL.

26 February, 2007 15:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home