Friday, November 23, 2007

Enchanted



Ok, I probably shouldn't post after a few glasses of wine...but we saw Enchanted today and it has become one of my favorite movies...I should mouth the feminist line and say it was empowering because the princess actually saved the guy for once, but screw that. I love Patrick Dempsey. (I probably have since Can't Buy Me Love. And he's one that's improved with age!) He's on the list. You know, the list - that list of people that you and your significant other can leave each other for (if that person ever showed up in your life and asked you to leave). What? You don't have a list like that? Just me? ok, oh well.

Anyway, a very cute movie that just hits when you're in the mood for some spun sugar confection - light, not filling but exactly what you want and need at the time. Everyone liked it. Could it be better? Oh sure, but life's not perfect either.

GO see Enchanted.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

I too like Patrick Dempsey. I'm planning on taking an afternoon to myself and going to see Enchanted. No kids, (I'll spare Dear Hubby the chick flick), just me.

23 November, 2007 23:54  
Blogger The McFamily said...

Can't Buy Me Love ruined Patrick Dempsey for me. I can never think of him as McDreamy. I just keep thinking of McGeeky.

27 November, 2007 23:01  
Blogger Sue said...

See I loved him in Can't Buy Me Love too...I must have something for geeky guys who improve with age. Kinda like wine. Does that make me a wino?

28 November, 2007 15:54  
Blogger Elle*Bee said...

sue, I tend to view Can't Buy Me Love differently. I was a geekly girl who - just now (AT 42!!!) feels like I'm coming into my own. So of course I root for Dempsey. He's gone from McGeeky as mcmommy said (as someone who worked for the McDonald's Corp. offices can appreciate) to McDreamy. There's hope for all of us McLateBloomers.

Oh, and sue, I think that would be McWino. :-)

28 November, 2007 23:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home