Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Crunch time

Ok. 4 days left 'til Santa comes. Have I wrapped any of C's presents from him yet? Of course not. Monday I fell asleep in the chair watching tv at 9 pm, last night I wrapped a couple for my brothers....Tonight. Tonight I will be motivated, and will wrap like a fiend. Although D has promised to wrap the Santa presents, freeing me to finishing wrapping presents for my family.

Which is probably a good thing. You need to understand about my family - we're not big on birthdays (seeing as they're all clustered around holidays - my brother and my birthdays are next month, my other brother's birthday is in Oct., my mom's birthday was actually on Thanksgiving some years, and dad's is exactly a week before Christmas). So birthdays - no big deal. We tend to go overboard at Christmas. I think it's because my mom's mom wasn't big on Christmas (living through the Depression, and having 5 kids) my mom felt she had to make it big for us. It was her favorite holiday.....and woe be to anyone who screwed it up. (Long family history of some mental illness causing some Christmases to be screwed up, along with a bad family cardiac history).

So anyway, trying to make the long story shorter, D will probably have his own coronary when he sees how much I've spent. But, I work too, and I should get to spend money on my family. It's not my fault my family concentrates on Christmas while his family spreads the tchotches out throughout the year. I am working on getting better. On Friday I will be opening a Christmas savings account at the bank and trying to put in a pre-determined amount each month, so by next December I will have most of the damage pre-paid.

Now to start stressing about the dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home