Saturday, May 13, 2006

Saturday at the circus



We took C to the circus this morning in Hartford. We had excellent seats, and learning from our experience last year, got there ahead of time to spend some time on the floor with the performers before the show and to look at the animals.

For some reason I thought the show this year would be the same as last year (3 rings, tigers, high wire act, etc). Unfortunately, I thought wrong. It was one ring, and more clowns and acrobats than animals. Although there was a cat and dog show, which was just odd (in my opinion). I felt sorry for the dogs, having to "walk" up on their hind legs. I know some people think the circus is cruel, and I guess I can now understand why.

C was very excited, and on the ride over kept making up silly riddles.

"mommy, what's pink and eats a house?"

I have no idea, so I guess. "a little pony?"

"No! A pink monster who eats houses!!"

D'uh. I should have known that.

So tomorrow is Mother's Day. I have been promised that I can sleep late (I'll believe that when it happens), and we'll go out to breakfast. Then we get to go see Cats at D's work. We saw it last weekend, and C loved it. Probably because we had aisle seats, and D brought her downstairs to see the "cats" getting into makeup before the show (they painted her face to look like a cat, too), and the cats stopped to talk to her while they were wandering through the audience. Not my favorite show (in fact, I could probably name a few off,off, off Broadway things that D and I have gone to while he was in grad school that I like better), but since tomorrow's supposed to be cloudy and cool, it'll suck up the afternoon at least.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger cmhl said...

happy mother's day!

13 May, 2006 22:34  
Blogger Mrs Big Dubya said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!

17 May, 2006 20:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home