Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday



I have no witty title for this post, sorry. I have been on the dark side at work recently. (And no, I am not a Star Wars freak. D is. Thinks the whole trilogy is about "family values". Don't ask. I just live here.) I may have mentioned before, I work with mostly men. Which I usually like, except when they do something typically man-like.

Yesterday I had a situation, whereby I went into a boss's office to vent. That's all. I just wanted him to listen, nod his head, say he understood how frustrating the situation was and how frustrated I was, and that's it. What does he do? Try to solve the problem for me. ARGH! And then, sets up a meeting about the situation. Double ARGH! Now his boss thinks I'm an idiot (because nothing was said in the meeting that wasn't already common knowledge) and a simple situation got blown into a huge production.

Then my boss has the nerve to stop by my office this morning to ask if I was in a better mood today. I give up. I need to either win Powerball or find a six figure part time job (that one seems to only exist in my imagination)....

1 Comments:

Blogger cmhl said...

ughhhhhhhhhhh. the danger of the infamous "open door policy".... everything is blown out of proportion. ugh ugh ugh..

it will blow over..

20 May, 2006 22:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home