Tuesday, November 07, 2006

November means politics


I was going to post something all profound about how exactly five years ago today was the last day that D and I were child free and how the last 4.99 years have changed me, but I could never get it really to go anywhere.

Instead, I just have one simple request: VOTE. I don’t care if you consider yourself blue, red or purple polka dotted, just get out there and vote (if you’re registered). I will be cutting out a little bit early, racing home to pick up D (and C) and heading to the polls.

C has voted with us before, but I think this is the first year she understands that it’s something. I told her last night that we would be doing this, and she wanted to know why and how come (all very good questions) and hopefully this exercise in politics will help her become a better citizen when she can finally vote (Poor C – her birthday is tomorrow, so she’ll probably be 19 before she can actually vote in an election).

So, go vote – even if your candidate seems to be hopelessly behind in the polls, even if you’re voting against a candidate instead of for a candidate, please, please, exercise the right and privilege that you have….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home