Monday, February 26, 2007

For Elle - Snow Day

It snowed again last night/this morning. I did take pictures (D actually took this one, it was still dark when I took some and they didn't come out very well).

Do people who live where it doesn't snow send Christmas cards with snowy scenes on them? Or am I the only one who wonders such weird things?

Shoveling snow is somewhat theraputic for me. Seriously. You think I kid, but I'm serious. You push the snow to the side, you scoop it up and toss it to the side - there are results! Maybe it's lame, but in insurance, any change takes months and/or years to see results. Shoveling snow (or raking leaves or mowing the grass) produces instant results. And no one is standing over your shoulder telling you that the line you shoveled wasn't perfectly straight or didn't move enough snow.

And, I'm at the point in the winter where I'm sick of it and don't care. It's snowing? Roads aren't the best? Who cares! I'm getting where I need to go. So the kids don't have school and this city doesn't believe in putting their plows all the way to pavement. I'm leaving. I have places to go, people to see.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Elle*Bee said...

Ah, thanks for the photo! I do love snow, but that's easy for me to say b/c I don't have to live in it (even when I lived in the DC area, we only had 2 or 3 good snows per year). And yes, we in the deep south do send snowy Christmas cards. We actually had a white Christmas in New Orleans in 2004. Well, not exactly white. Beige perhaps. But it did snow some. A rare occurrance.

26 February, 2007 21:47  
Blogger Sue said...

You're welcome Elle. And it snowed again last night! Not much, but shovel-able. At least I'm getting a workout every morning, right?

27 February, 2007 09:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home