Thursday, December 29, 2005

Home Sick

Not me. Moms don't get to be sick, remember? Although I do have a stuffy nose and cough, but nothing that would keep from work. No, the reason I'm home sick today is that C, with the same stuffy nose and cough, started throwing up last night before 1 am. And at 3 am and 5 am and 6:30 am. She was in our bed because she had woken herself up with her coughing. So those sheets were changed at the 1 am wake up. Laundry started. Then after the 3 am, where there was enough advance warning that it wasn't as bad, the sheets were transferred to the dryer and the mattress pad in the wash. I still have to change the sheets on her bed.

She was up playing at 6:30 am, wanted to "watch something" (yes, we probably let her watch too much tv). But I persisted and she came back into bed to snuggle. When I next opened my eyes, it was 8:45 am and she was still asleep! So was D (who had spent the night in C's room, hoping to avoid this plague). I woke him up so he could get showered and get to work. C woke up while I was in the shower and wanted to take another shower (she had to take one at the 1 am wake up)...so now we're settled in front of the tv, I've made a pot of coffee (for me) some toast for her, and she's playing with some of her Dora toys. But she's not at 100% - not her usual bouncy self. She's very pale, and while she always feels warm, just isn't right. So I'm glad I decided to stay home with her. I doubt anything will get done, but that's ok. Sometimes it just nice to spend a rainy cold day home snuggled on the couch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home