Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday morning blues

Except it's actually Monday afternoon. Sigh. This time last week we were in Nassau, the Bahamas. Warm sunshine, blue skies and a nice breeze. Today? Not so much. Snow, rain, ice... you name it, we're getting it. And since I've been off since the 12th, I needed to get to work today. Not so much because anyone would have said anything, but I really don't want to go through all my vacation time in January!

The cruise.....what can I say? It was a 4 year old's dream come true. C was so excited she couldn't eat. She begged to go to her "club", and spent a lot of time there. Which actually upset me a little. Yes, I like the fact that she's independent, and can make new friends and adapts to new situations pretty easily, but shouldn't she want to spend some time with us? D and I haven't spent that much time alone together in 4 years! The last day she was exhausted and wanted to hang with us, which was fine by me.

C got to meet all the princesses (except Ariel, who isn't on the ship). She danced with Snow White, and we have a great picture of her with Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) where they're both wearing pink dresses.

Coming home on Thursday was interesting.

C: "Why is there still snow on the ground?"

D: "Because it's still winter"

C: "No! I want to go back!"

It was good we had Friday off. She woke up around 8 (which is late for her), and was saying she was tired all day as we did errands. About 4 pm she fell asleep on the way home from the mall, not to wake up until Saturday morning around 7:30. Next year we'll have to pace ourselves so she's not that tired. But she will be a little bit older too, so that should help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home