Wednesday, January 04, 2006

More snow!

I can't take it anymore! Yes, I know it's New England, and winter, and all that, but enough with the freakin' snow already! Monday night it started snowing around 6 pm....it didn't stop until around 6 pm last night. And, Monday morning was the first I had heard it was going to snow as much as it did. When I checked the internet weather on Sunday night, it was predicting 4 to 7 inches..which is manageable. Maybe a little later than usual for work, but there. HA! Monday morning C and I went to breakfast at a place that her best friend's parents own/run. L's mom said she had heard 10 - 15 inches! And I still had grocery shopping to do. We had no choice but to go to Stop and Shop and battle with all the people who believe we still live in the 1800's and will be snowbound for days.

So we pretty much knew yesterday would be a snow day. D and I stayed up late, drinking wine and watching a movie (The Wedding Date - with wedding movie guy Dermot Mulroney). It wasn't bad (the wine or the movie), and C didn't get up too early in the morning. We looked outside and knew we weren't going anywhere. So I made waffles, and we had a nice relaxing morning. My boss was very cool about me staying home. D's boss? Not so much. But he majored in accounting in a state university of a nearby state that gets made fun of quite a bit (plus he seems the type that stayed in and actually studied on the weekends) so it wasn't unexpected.

Today, it was slow going for the first part of my commute. When I got off the train - there was no snow at all down here. Apparently it was just a rainy, smutzy mix. Sigh. And more inclement weather expected tomorrow. I shall have to email work home just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home