Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Burning the vacation days

I scheduled another vacation day today. Why? Well, there were a couple reasons....kindergarten pre-registration (ie. Open house at the school) is tonight from 5-8 (yes, I know I could have left work early) and I had a chance to discuss another opportunity with some nice folks. So I thought, why not? It doesn't hurt to discuss opportunities, and sometimes the right one comes along.

So, to sum up, opportunity discussion in the morning, followed by a free late morning/afternoon for me! then open house. But, as with the best laid plans of mice and men, it went awry. Being the weenie that I am, I checked messages after I left the nice folks. No messages. I needed a restroom break, and happily stopped at Borders (I love to read). So I spent some time browsing the aisles of books, trying to remember which authors I like to read (for some reason the minute I walk into the bookstore all their names escape me) and which authors look like they have some potential. After leaving the bookstore, I check messages again. And, a message from C's pre-school. They want me to call them. Why they can't call D, who works 10 minutes away, is beyond me. No, they call down to Stamford. Anyway, I call D, ask him to call them back and find out what the situation is, and call me back. So he does, and their verdict? Pink eye.

So, discussion opportunity, followed by picking up C and trying to get ahold of her pediatrician. Now I'm just waiting 'til the right moment to tell her she has to turn off Dora or Diego so we can get the prescription. I don't even want to think about wrestling eye drops into her.

And the opportunity? I am conflicted. More on that later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Big Dubya said...

I can't wait to hear about the opportunity -- I'm feeling a bit of a career itch myself

02 February, 2006 13:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home