Monday, March 06, 2006

It can't be easy



So we're watching the 78th Academy Awards last night. I dunno, it was just kind of blah. Maybe because the only winning movie we've seen was Wallace and Gromit - Curse of the Wererabbit.

But watching the arrivals on the red carpet, I'm struck by the choices of women's shoes. I'm amazed at the gowns, of course, but the shoes! How can you walk in those heels? Maybe because I'm already tall, and if I wore heels I'd be even taller than D (we let him think we're the same height, but sadly, no). Not to mention the fact that my feet are w-i-d-e...think shoe box width. I used to be able to wear the medium width shoes, but after pregnancy and the weight gain (which I can't even blame on pregnancy)....forgeddaboutit. Then add in the fact that the amount of pressure on my feet (I know there's physics involved about weight and it's concentration on the feet and all, but don't ask me. I failed 3rd quarter of physics in high school. I'm lucky I remember about gravity and its everyday applications).

So it amazes me that these women can even walk, what with the tight gowns and jewelry and then the shoes.....I'd be Jennifer Garner. I'd probably be worse, actually. I'd fall flat on my face, for the whole world to see. At least I'd be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home