Saturday, February 11, 2006

Another Saturday Night

So, I spent part of this past week on the Island of Long. Business trip...to review files. Not very exciting. But it was 2 nights of being responsible for just myself, which is nice to experience every so often (in my case, every quarter). And I get a whole king size bed to myself!! No one kicking me because their little feet are cold, and hogging the pillow. We don't generally co-sleep, but if C gets up in the middle of the night and wanders in, she can stay. (It's easier, and means more sleep than struggling to get her back to sleep in her own bed. And when she says "It's lonely sleeping by myself" - how can you argue with that?)

Also, D is the warmer partner in this arrangement. He's always hot...even in the middle of winter it's very rare that he wears a sweater. Moi? I'm bundled up and still cold. I lost the flannel sheet arguement (D arguing that he would melt if we had flannel sheets on the bed)...but we have a cotton blanket, an electric blanket (Bliss!) and a down comforter. The electric blanket is a dual control, so D never uses his, and I pre-heat my side every night. I love it. No more waiting for my feet to warm up so I can fall asleep.

Blizzard tomorrow. And of course, the idiot who runs the theatre that D works at will not cancel any of the shows scheduled. He doesn't want to give the money back. So D will spend the night (seeing as there are two shows tonight too) and all day tomorrow. I find it incredibly frustrating. If he would take some comp time during the week to get some things done around the house I might be more amenable to some of these crazy hours, but he doesn't. There's always some excuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home