Monday, February 06, 2006

Intentions

Really, I need to do something about my weight. It's embarrassing. I have never been this heavy in my entire life. And yes, D is correct in his assessment that my attitude is "all or nothing"...I don't think he understands that in my pre-mommy days, I loved to work out. I was all about getting sweaty, and achy muscles, and the feeling I would have after a good workout. I used to run too, believe it or not. I even had a 40 degree rule - as long as the temp was 40 or above I would go running. Sigh. Those days are gone.

So this morning, I set the alarm clock extra early. My mom gave me a treadmill for Christmas the year C was born ....it's moved with us twice already. And it's sitting downstairs waiting to be used. 20 minutes is better than nothing, right? Except that when the alarm went off, I was in that nice snuggly warm spot in bed, that feels better than anything....and after hitting the snooze button a couple times, I finally changed the alarm to my regular wake up time.

In my head, I think 20 minutes a day would help. But it's not the same. I want to be back to that 20 something, no pain, no gain (in college, I even went running with a barely recovered sprained ankle). How did this happen, that I have no free time, that joints ache that I never gave a thought to before? (Yes I know. C. And I wouldn't trade her for all the good workouts in the world. And I know before I realize it, she'll be off to school, making friends and having sleepovers and I'll have more free time. It'd just be nice to have time a couple times a week to try to recapture some of that "old" me...).

I just need a good kick in the behind to get me going now....with the 20 minutes here and there, so when I do have that free time (there will be free time, right??) I don't have Richard Simmons crying next to my bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home