Sunday, February 26, 2006

Tip o'the week

If you have a swing set in your yard, remove the swings before winter. I made the mistake of leaving them on, and today C was set on swinging. Now, most of the winter it's been warm (warm being relative of course) but today? Today the temp was in the teens with a wind chill probably hovering near zero or below.

But the sun was shining, and I was planning on grilling some lamb chops for dinner (yes, I am one of those weirdos who use the grill year round. Won't D be surprised when he goes to grill something in the spring and we already need a new tank of gas?) and chicken for dinner tomorrow night....so I told C we could go outside for a bit.

When did the cold start bothering me? I remember being a kid, and the greatest thing was being allowed outside after dark to slide in the back yard. And then as a teenager, I'd go ice skating all the time. Outside. The guys would all play hockey, and the girls (all 3 of us) would pretend to be Olympic ice skaters (pretty sad since I can't even skate backwards). I know in college (in VT, where it's winter all year round!) the alcohol acted as anti-freeze, but even during the day when I'd walk down the hill to the mall, I'd still be outside walking. Now, it's car to garage to train station (ok, that does get cold) to work and back again.

Oh well, calendar says spring soon. And among all the Easter/Passover stuff in the stores, there are signs of spring. Plus the commercials are changing from cold/flu medicine to allergy medecine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs Big Dubya said...

You are in good company -- we grill outside year 'round too.... although, I'm a big baby when it comes to cold... the Big Dubya does the grillin'

28 February, 2006 12:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home