Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Keeping Kosher

C got up early today (early as in, I was getting ready to go downstairs to finish getting ready to leave) and decided she wanted me to drive her to work. Of course, she doesn't announce this intention until I'm ready to walk out the door and bending down to give her one last kiss.

So, she hurries up, gets dressed, and tells me she wants to take her Cheerios in a bag for breakfast. As I'm waiting for her to finish dressing, I put the Cheerios in a bag, and thinking it looked a little lacking, added some fruit snacks and colored Goldfish. Her oj is probably still sitting on the table, waiting until we get home tonight to be thrown out.

We're on the highway (less stop lights that way!) and she's telling me she likes being in my car when it's almost "good morning time" (it's not quite light out at 6:30 am), and it's like being on an adventure. She then informs me that she's hungry. I point out that she has a bag of Cheerios. Apparently, she doesn't like the Goldfish mixed with the Cheerios. Working in NYC for almost 5 years, I knew about the not mixing meat and dairy. The not mixing Cheerios and goldfish? Did not know that. (BTW we're Catholic).

She's never been that picky before. Oh sure, she goes through her phases where she'll want bunnies n cheese every night, or ravioli for both lunch and dinner, but she's never had a problem with food touching or being together....I hope this isn't the start of something new, and she's just going to be a health nut - where Cheerios are all natural and colored Goldfish just aren't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home