Friday, March 03, 2006

Mea Culpa

The snow yesterday? My fault. As I was driving home earlier this week, I was thinking about how even though this winter has had some terrific snowstorms, I hadn't had any 2 plus hour commutes from the train to home (last year there were several). I didn't think anything of it, seeing as the calendar has turned to March and we can see the light at the end of the winter tunnel.

But yeah. Apparently I thought too soon, since yesterday's commute home was a winner. I left work early (I had gotten to work early too, since I was supposed to pick up C last night) - the 2:51 train early. The snow had been coming down since about 9 am in Stamford, but had changed to a sleet/freezing rain mix after lunchtime. Trains were still running on time, and I thought I was being smart by leaving ahead of the rush.

Leaving Bridgeport was ok - a little slower than normal but nothing that would cause any great harm....until I got on the highway...it took me 45 minutes to go 10 miles.
And, believe it or not, I actually prefer driving when everyone is in a pack - no one tries to do anything stupid like pass. Eventually the log jam cleared, and once north of Waterbury, observed many spin outs....But I did make it to C and we got home ok.

So, sorry for anyone who had a rough commute last night. Like I said, my fault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home