Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Beach Day


I mentioned we went to the beach on Sunday. I love the beach, the sun, sand, salt...the sticky tired feeling at the end of a long day, the way you lie in bed that night and can still feel yourself bobbing in the waves. I find it incredibly relaxing - every care and stress just melts away when I'm there.

The good thing about the beaches in CT is that Long Island acts as a barrier - waves are never very high and there's no undertow. Now, if you're an active beach person, it's boring, but with a fearless four and a half year old, it's perfect. I can sit on the blanket and watch her play in the waves without having to be right there with her. She gets a little independence, too - she's in the ocean! By herself!

And someday, maybe I'll even get to read a book lying on the sand again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home