Friday, July 14, 2006

Part II

11. When it’s the week before vacation, I’m halfway through the work week and in good shape to leave and everything hits the fan at that point. Deadlines that are generous (a week) are not so generous for me because I’m on vacation for the original deadline. So everything gets pushed up and rushed and a not so great job is done. But it’s done (almost).

12. I hate leaving the beach for the last time at the end of summer. This is different from the I hate winter comment, because this is sadder. It feels like each summer is shorter and shorter, and the winters are getting longer. Before this current summer, we’ve been able to extend summer a bit by going to the beach after everyone’s back at school – warm water, sunny day, no crowds, but won’t be able to this year (C starts kindergarten!).

13. I hate that we don’t get to sit down and have dinner as a family enough. Growing up my family always had dinner together when we were younger (prior to sports and clubs and friends). C knows how to eat in a restaurant, but at home? Different story.

14. I hate that D’s worked every night for the last two weeks practically and I’m so sad and mad I don’t even want to talk to him. Then add in the fact he locked us out of the house last night when he went back to work (C and I were outside playing with the water in the backyard and he just put the garage door down – not maliciously, just a habit, so I had to take a screen off the window and talk C through unlocking the front door) and I just don’t know what to do. And why should I have to do it? Shouldn’t he have some responsibility to make things right?

15. That my mom won’t get to see C or my nieces graduate high school, college, get married or any other accomplishment. How crazy is it that I still have my grandmother (my mom’s mom, actually) and C doesn’t have a grandma? Sure, she has a nana, but trust me, so not the same thing.

16. I hate that I feel guilty all the time for working outside the home. That between work and commuting I should spend all the rest of the time with C, and in order to get any “me” time I have to take a day off?

17. I hate that my MIL wants to sit around and feel sorry for herself rather than spend her time productively. She’s still able to drive and is in relatively good health – she could do some volunteer work, or meet her friends for lunch, but no. She’d rather complain about the heat and how she wishes she could just “go” (as in die).

18. I hate that my dad is sick and truly has a reason to complain but hardly ever does. Helping him move furniture this last weekend was so sad – my big strong dad could barely move a shelf (ok wrought iron but still) without my help and had to take a break after the slightest exertion.

19. I hate the designated hitter rule. Play baseball like it was intended – everyone gets a turn at bat.

20. I hate that it took me so long to do this, and I’ll probably think of twenty additional things I hate after I post this!

I guess I’m supposed to “tag” someone, so I’ll tag Clare’s Dad and CMHL, when she gets home from vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home