Friday, June 30, 2006

I got nothin'

To write. Just boringness going on here. And some cleaning. Except for when I'm on the computer. Which happens more than it should.

We lost power last night due to a car/pole accident. If anyone was watching FoodTv and their show about the pastry chef competition - who won? The chefs were just finishing up their sugar sculptures and getting ready to move them oh so carefully to the judging table when BLAM! Out went the lights. D somehow knew where the flashlights were (don't ask me, I keep more important stuff in my head, like due dates for bills and such), and we went upstairs to go to bed.

The neighborhood was full of flashlights bobbing back and forth. One lucky neighbor had a generator. After hearing all the sirens and how close they were, I decided to get dressed, put my contacts back in, and joined the crowd at the end of the road (we live on a dead end street). We've lived here for a little over 2 years, and I don't know anyone. Which is ok. I've got a lot of Yankee in me, don't need to be friends with everyone. (And I can't play the game of "my kid is so wonderful and does this this and this". It's too exhausting.

Baseball game tonight. College league, here in town. C's been wanting to go to a baseball game, so this will be a good test run. Somehow she's decided she likes the Boston Red Sox. That horrifies D, who is a long time NY Yankees fan. I'm thinking there must be some genetic component going on here, since my family has been Red Sox fans since time immemorial.

Not sure how much time I'll have to blog this weekend, so I hope everyone has a happy, wonderful and safe 4th of July!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Farm Girl said...

I hope you have a great weekend too. I have noticed that blog traffic definitely slows down on the weekends so I wouldn't fret too much about not having much to say. Have a great holiday weekend.

30 June, 2006 16:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home