Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day

I should have some profound Father's Day post up for yesterday, but I don't. We spent the day in the pool at my dad's house (while my dad spent the day in his air conditioned computer room).

My dad is one of those old fashioned "goes to work to earn the living while mom raises the kids" kind of dads. It sounds worse than it is maybe. I think his dad wasn't very involved with his life (and my dad has five brothers and a sister, so multiply the uninvolvement)and he just doesn't know what to do. Even now he shakes his head when my brothers and I are goofing around, acting idiotic. "I had nothing to do with that". But when you press him hard enough, he does see the humor. Even when we all ended up laughing during my mom's funeral. (I know, sounds horrible, but the whole thing was so horrible, so unexpected and sudden something had to give. And she would have appreciated it. Even my dad admitted that, finally).

So we played in the pool, and bought my dad dinner, and had a pretty good day.

Hope everyone else had a good Father's Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Farm Girl said...

Glad to hear you had a good day. We are heavy into pool weather right now. Yeah!

19 June, 2006 17:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home