Friday, June 23, 2006

Friday Musings

Fridays in the summer are so slow. I've only gotten two official "work" emails, only one of which required any action on my part....

Why is it the coffee I get in the morning somehow seems to determine how my day will be? This morning, C got up early and wanted me to take her to school. She hurried up, got ready and off we went. I didn't stop at my regular Dunkin' Donuts but at a different one. How hard is it to make iced coffee? All I want is an iced French Vanilla coffee with milk and a little sugar. What do I get? Regular coffee, not enough milk and too much sugar. And on top of that - the coffee tasted burnt. Not a great start to the day.

I never used to drink coffee. Even in college, during the occasional all nighter, I'd drink Coke. It wasn't until I had C and had to go back to work that I started drinking coffee. And now, if I skip coffee one morning, I can tell. I'll be driving down the highway, yawning and wondering why I'm so tired. Am I addicted? Probably.

And why must it rain on the weekends? Couldn't someone invent something to move the clouds with the rain to the parts of the country that need the rain, like the West, versus the Northeast where we're now getting weather forecasts that call for inches of rain?? D has to work all day tomorrow, and I was planning on taking C to my dad's to go swimming all afternoon, but with 2- 5 inches of rain forecast, that's not looking likely. And we've seen Cars twice already....

Not that I would do anything productive, like clean the house or anything. That's not fun. Weekends, especially in the summer, are supposed to be fun.

Anyone have any fun plans for this weekend?

1 Comments:

Blogger Farm Girl said...

Where we live (also in the Northeast) they are having something this weekend called Harborfest. Tonight there is a parade of boats on the river and tomorrow night firewords. They are also calling for rain though so we'll have to see. Hubs and I were going to try to have a happy hour date but it will depend on the weather.

23 June, 2006 11:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home