Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sun Day

There was this strange, yellow orb in the sky all day today. I think it's called... the "sun"...

We actually had a whole day of sunshine today! Woo hoo! We rolled in the overgrown grass, and pretended to be snakes, and put on "shows" (C invented a show about pine cones)...I tried to juggle, we ate ice cream and C got covered in chocolate and I'll need to buy stock in whomever makes Shout, but it was a good day.

It didn't start out good, D got home around 3:30 am. I was so tired from waking up every hour or so at night since Wednesday I couldn't even bring myself to say anything to him. C climbed in bed with us around 6:30ish (why? Why can't she ever sleep in on the weekend?) and he woke up slightly to say he'd go to breakfast with us, etc. Which he didn't. He was still sleeping when we left for breakfast and grocery shopping, and was up by the time we got home. At which point I just exploded. What does he want from me? And then he just looks at me with those cow eyes and no expression, so I have no clue what he's thinking. He tells me he knows it's not right, etc etc.

I suggest perhaps he's an alcoholic. He counters with "no, more like problem drinker". Tomato, tomahto. It just seems very simple to me. He can't only have one drink. He drinks when he stays at work late at night. Ergo, when the show's over, and the audience has left, come home. Don't hang out with the people doing whatever it is they're doing after the show. It's not rocket science. It's not even calculus.
But what do I know? I told him he has a week to decide if he wants a family or to act like he's twenty something with no responsibility.

This could get interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home