Monday, June 12, 2006

Summer Reading

I love reading. I have for as long as I can remember. I love losing myself in a good story, "seeing" the action in my head. One of my favorite things to do is go to the bookstore and just browse around. I found a great bookstore on my trip to Denver in April (not a chain, which made it even better) and spent a small fortune on books. D gets mad because I buy books instead of taking them out of the library, but I like to keep the ones that are special to me, and who has time to remember to return books to the library when they're due?

When I was young, I used to stay up until 2 or 3 am just so I could finish a book. I remember finally closing the book and looking around my bedroom to realize everyone else was asleep, and it was dark and quiet. I try to read to C every night (some nights she wants to play a game, which is fun too), and in the bookstore yesterday, she wanted to get the first Little House on the Prairie book (because it came with a necklace! Must have jewelry!).

In my small, Catholic grammar school, the library was organized by grade. I had been reading since before I started kindergarten, and there had to be a big conference about whether or not I could take books out from the shelves for the higher grades. There was one book in particular I kept checking out of the library. Not because I liked it so much (I did like it) but because it was the fattest book in the library at the time. I wish I could remember the title, or author. I just remember it was a pink book, about some kids who lived in a townhouse in a city, and the older brother took care of the younger siblings. Except, I think that last part was Party of Five?

I'm always looking for new authors to read. Anyone reading anything fun or interesting this summer?

2 Comments:

Blogger Farm Girl said...

I just read Honeymoon by James Patterson. Very quick read and really good.

12 June, 2006 20:05  
Blogger Farm Girl said...

I was thinking if you were interested in reading that book I would be more than willing to mail it to you. Drop me an email.

13 June, 2006 17:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home